Monday, June 6, 2011

166. El Questro Station

EL QUESTRO STATION




Another massive cattle station that has part of its area opened up for tourists to call upon.



ZEBEDEE SPRINGS



A short walk & one finds at the base of a cliff these thermal springs. The water is a constant 32 degrees. From the relative arid landscape that surrounds, within this grove there are ferns, palms & pandanus creating a tropical oasis in the heart of the outback.



JACKEROOS WATERHOLE





SUNSHINE CREEK

I am a pretty keen fisho & will explore all options to catch a fish. Without getting to deep, I think to myself: ‘if I were that species of fish, where would I hangout ?’



This was one of those places.... We drove the cruiser along the river pebbles to pull up at a spot I had eyed earlier. At this point I had probably cast a lure no less than five hundred times over the last few days in search of the elusive barramundi. Matt then said, almost with a taste of disgust in his voice at my failure to hook up, “Dad, here........give me a go”.



BARRA MATT

Two casts was all that it took for Matt to hook a Barra. OK, it wasn’t going to break any records but he really does have a canny knack of catching fish.