Friday, May 13, 2011

153. Beagle Bay, The Hard Road. (this blog pages 147 - 153 inclusive)

THE HARD ROAD



This was to date the toughest road we had endured. When we left we were 65kms into this track when I pulled to a halt to gather my thoughts. Karen knew exactly what was going through my mind & asked, “are you going to go back?” I was so close to turning around but said ”we’ve come too far”. After over 250kms of tough terrain we had had one of the greatest holiday experiences ever. This photo shows what this track can do to a van. I would probably never do it again, but then again, who knows?



BEAGLE BAY


An Aboriginal community along the Dampier Peninsula. Ninety five percent of Aboriginals in this part of the world are Catholic & although the surrounding areas may be a little shabby at times the church, their place of worship is kept immaculate. The alter & most of the ornamental aspects of this church are made of pearl shell.